FQA Manager – Babel Montreal
Job Purpose :
Work with the FQA Director, local Managers and Sales team to support growth of the department, both locally and internationally.
• Support team and make decisions to insure successful project delivery within budget, timeframe and quality scopes.
• Developing and managing successful relationships with Babel clients at senior, manager and director levels.
• Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training local FQA Project Managers & the CQA Manager.
• Personally inspire the local team to attain higher goals and grow the department.
• Embody and transmit Keywords Studios, KWS Montreal and Babel Montreal core values.
• Improve and develop services within Babel Montreal and the Keywords universe.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
• Proactively solve issues with the FQA Project Managers and the CQA Manager, before they impact projects.
• Track client relations and macro-project progress in conjunction with the PMs.
• With the help of the PMs and Leads, create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
• Hold regular status meetings, focused on active departmental improvements, with the PM team.
• Manage, lead and motivate local FQA & CQA PMs and Managers.
TRAINING & COACHING:
• Empower staff as much as possible.
• Take charge of the professional development of the FQA PMs & CQA Manager.
• With the help of the other FQA PMs, mentor and train new FQA PMs & CQA Manager.
• Instill a training, coaching and growth mentality within the department.
• Provide monthly positive and constructive performance feedback to FQA PMs & CQA Manager.
• Provide quarterly evaluation feedback to FQA PMs & CQA Manager, or more frequently as needed.
• Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
• In conjunction with talent development, help identify areas where training material may need improvements.
• Develop and foster lasting relationships with senior client personnel.
• Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
• Responsible for top-tier client account management affecting local operations.
• Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary.
o Delegate proposal efforts where appropriate.
• Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
o Be able to find solutions to client requests when possible.
o Be able to decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Cross-sell services to clients where possible and appropriate.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and encourage and grow own team to do the same.
• Track and manage project and clients macro KPIs.
• Track and manage local team and department KPIs.
• Provide relevant and thorough briefings to Director, PMs and Leads.
• Help and manage the creation and design of templates used by the global department.
• Manage macro resources planning, recruitment and training in partnership with the Production Support department.
• Report client and macro project statuses and information to director and management team on a regular basis.
• Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources.
• Manage most daily communications, like email.
• Review the local team’s variances and issues with Director and local Managers and manage their resolution.
• Primary escalation point of contact for internal queries raised by or for the local FQA PMs & CQA Manager.
• Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate, including IT related issues and help tickets.
• Unless within training or coaching measures or in critical delivery situations, the FQAM should not perform any tasks normally handled by a FQA PM, CQA Manager, Lead, Senior or Tester.
• In addition to the above, the employee is expected to complete any other tasks deemed necessary.
• Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
• Knowledge of Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes.
• Understanding of all video game business services and processes.
• Understanding of various business and management concepts.
• Understanding of change management and continuous improvements protocols
• Very strong emotional intelligence and awareness.
• Ability to understand one-self, others, and act accordingly for the attainment of set goals.
• Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
• Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
• Accountable and responsible.
• Agile, flexible and able to instill change.
• Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
• Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
• Encourages others to keep a high standard of quantity and quality outputs and leads by example.
• Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
• Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Client-facing and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
• Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions.
• Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in an Account Management or sales-oriented role.
• Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.).
• IT literate.
• Bilingual – French and English
• Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest.
• Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience working within MS Office in general.