Talent Trainer (Player Support)
Keywords is an international technical service provider for the global video game industry with 27 offices across 16 countries and 3 continents. At peak times, the organization employs over 3,000 people working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words of translated text, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets. We work with 22 of the top 25 game companies by revenue for 2016.
The Talent Trainer is responsible for identifying needs, designing, and delivering entry level and professional development training.
The selected person will be assigned primarily to the Player Support service line. They are tasked with maintaining positive communication and relationships with the service line, identifying their needs to review and improve existing material, as well as develop and deploy new material.
The selected person will also be tasked with supporting other Talent Trainer in meeting the needs of other service lines and departments. Please note that the position will require travel between two studios (downtown Montréal).
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Deliver training through instructor-led approaches, demonstrations, workshops, practical activities primarily in a training room setting, and occasionally in an online setting;
- Track participant enrollment, progress, marks, and other information by maintaining a database;
- Review existing material. Ensure that the material meet the needs and expectations of the Keywords Studios and its service line(s);
- Identify relevant business training needs and opportunities;
- Gather and analyze information to design, develop, and deliver new training programs that are efficient and effective and that have a positive impact on the studio;
- Maintain positive communication and relationships with service lines and departments;
- Be knowledgeable of incoming and ongoing projects of their assigned service line;
- Develop and maintain the online knowledge base for the procedures, processes and tools of the service line;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Post-secondary diploma in adult education or a similar field;
- 1 to 3 years of recent training/teaching experience
- Bilingual in French and English: Ability to develop and deliver training in French and English;
- Knowledge of adult education methodologies, instructional design, and technical writing;
- Experience in delivering management level soft skills training is considered an asset;
- Experience in delivering customer support trainings is considered an asset.
- Work independently;
- Work simultaneously on different projects;
- Quality-oriented mindset;
- Time and priority management;
- Planning, organization and capacity to adapt to a flexible planning;
- Accountability and dependability;
- Strong customer service mindset;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong sense of professionalism and diplomacy;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Proficiency in Office suite;
- Proficiency in G Suite (Google Apps for Work);
- Proficiency in Moodle, Confluence, JIRA, Slack, When I Work, and/or Helpdesk is considered an asset.