Junior to Mid-Weight User Researcher
Player Research are the world’s leading independent video games user research and playtesting studio. We provide award-winning research services to the video games industry across the globe, including expert playtesting, usability reviews, play diaries and so much more. As a part of the Keywords Studios family we’re excited to be expanding to additional regions globally, bringing our passion for accessible and actionable games UX research to Canada and North America from our new studio in Montreal.
We’re seeking passionate candidates for Junior and Mid-Weight Games UX Researchers in our new Montreal studio. Player Research are offering a unique opportunity to get involved in the next and most exciting chapter of our company development, as part of the Keywords Studios family.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
As a Junior or Mid-Weight Game UX Researcher at Player Research you will be preparing, conducting and reporting upon research in our state-of-the-art facilities in Montreal. By working with our team of experienced Senior Researchers you’ll be analysing and evaluating pre-release video games to aid studios with their playability, accessibility, usability and maximising enjoyment for their players. You’ll be expected to learn, conduct and master the research processes we’ve designed, eventually growing to lead projects and client relationships.
• Taking part in all aspects of the user research and playtesting process including recruitment, technical setup, meeting and greeting participants, behavioural analysis, recording/reporting of the players’ experiences, presentation of results via report and in person, and other research related activities.
• Skilling-up with a broad range of user research methods including (but not limited to) playtesting, usability testing, player interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, group discussions and play diaries
• Write and edit research reports, provide design suggestions based on observation, research, and your own relevant expertise
• Communicate directly and work on-site with clients as a consultant
• Help find ways for Player Research to do better, in everything we do
• Any other skills you feel you can contribute to the professional growth of both yourself and Player Research in our supportive work environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
• An academic background in Human-Computer Interactions (HCI), Computer Science, Psychology or similar fields, or work experience to an equivalent level
• A robust understanding of research methodologies and principles of good interaction design
• A boundless enthusiasm for playing and understanding video games, user research and player experience. You should be playing a wide variety of game genres on all platforms
• An adaptable approach, and be actively seeking to learn new things, always looking for new ideas and solutions to learn new things, always looking for new ideas and solutions
• Strong interpersonal communication – both written and verbal to ensure the maximum impact of your work
• The ability to translate research findings into actionable next steps
• The ability to work under pressure, and with short timescales
• Legal right to work in Canada
• At least one year experience conducting user research for video games, or two years’ experience conducting user research for websites or apps
• Knowledge of statistics, programming, graphic design, video/audio production, or any other relevant fields
• Excellent command of spoken and written English, ideally bilingual with a good knowledge of French
TO APPLY :
• Send us a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
• Stand out and be passionate. Good luck.
• Player Research are hiring a Senior Games User Researcher for a newly-established Canadian presence in Montreal. Questions about the position can be directed to us in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org.