Production Services Support Technician
Working at Keywords Studios-Montreal is an opportunity to meet people from around the world that share your interests and passions. It is a rich workplace in a booming city. Living in Montreal is a chance to discover the city’s diversity, festivals, conventions (like Comiccon), world-class restaurants and so much more.
The Production Services Support Technician is responsible for providing the adequate support and expertise to the Production department. By providing proper testing environment to preparing the asset required for the testing, the technician will make sure that everything required by a project is deployed for the team.
The technician will provide additional support to the Production department when needed. Often more than one task is required at once while working to tight schedules. It involves the use of an asset tracking database which demands a high degree of organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail. The technician must be able to demonstrate good initiative with ability to compromise and solve technical problems to satisfy the requirements of the job. It is expected to have good technical knowledge of various platforms and their accompanying Operating Systems, development tools and SDK.
After having successfully acquired all the necessary skills for the position, the technician may be asked to participate in developmental procedures to help improve the current system. A keen interest in computer technology and willingness to learn and apply new skills is highly regarded.
Scope of Role:
The Production Services Support Technician provides professional and timely technical support to Production and is responsible for build, firmware and image preparation and deployment, workstations setups, floor planning and maintenance of the Hardware Data Silo, in accordance to Production expectations and project plans & requirements.
• Setup workstations, Connect and set up hardware
• Maintain Hardware data silo
• Maintain an organized operation floor and storage room
• Diagnose and treat broken equipment
• Initial setup of hardware
• Responsible of the deployment and update of builds, firmware, OS and images to platforms, PCs and mobile devices
• Maintenance of the images and reimaging
• Assist with floor planning and hardware & device allocation
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise
• Follow every process established in the department
• Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of the department
• Staying up to date with current and next generation of hardware, procedures and best practices
• Transfer knowledge to the other members of the team and maintain knowledge DB
• Write various technical documents and maintain them up to date
• Initiating research projects to expand and consolidate our department knowledge
• Could be assigned to a special project that is outside of the normal Production Services usual scope
- Commitment to professional customer service
- Must possess ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze problems, recommend and implement effective solutions
- Being able to experiment and use trial and error
- Actively approaches others for their ideas and suggestions
- In good physical shape
- Flexibility and availability of work hours, including evening, night and weekend.
- Quickness and accuracy of execution
- Ability to work on own initiative and monitor own workload
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
- Proactive approach with tenacity
- Ability and aptitude to learn
- Strong self-motivation, reliable and flexible team player
- High attention to detail
- Follows correct process or clearly communicates on any necessary deviations
- Complies with the security and confidentiality policy set by the company and ensures all team members comply to policies
- Understanding of the gaming industry
- Good understanding of media creation and duplication
- Good understanding of mobile devices technology
- Knowledge of console gaming platforms, such as Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo platforms
- Has relevant IT skills in order to work with different software and hardware required for projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2013 (Word/Excel/Access/Outlook)
- Understanding of software development process
Working Conditions Physical Demands: The technician will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The technician will have to do some lifting of computer equipment, supplies and materials. The technician should take every precaution and flex vs bend as much as possible to avoid injuries.
Environmental Conditions: The technician may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of clients. The technician may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Sensory Demands: Sensory demands include use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches. The municipal office may be noisy and busy making it difficult for technician to concentrate.
Mental Demands: The technician deals with a very stressful environment as many of the clients are frustrated and require immediate services.
Candidate must be available either for the day or evening shift.Apply now!