Senior Games UX Researcher
Player Research are the world’s leading independent video games user research and playtesting studio. We provide award-winning research services to the video games industry across the globe, including expert playtesting, usability reviews, play diaries and so much more. As a part of the Keywords Studios family we’re excited to be expanding to additional regions globally, bringing our passion for accessible and actionable games UX research to Canada and North America from our new studio in Montreal.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Games UX Researcher to lead our new Montreal studio. Player Research are offering a unique opportunity to take a leading role in the international growth of Player Research, as part of the Keywords Studios family.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
As a Senior Games User Researcher you’ll be a part of the management and thought-leadership team at Player Research, based in Montreal, Canada. Work with a wide-range of studios to design whole-cycle research plans, manage research programs, and conduct world-leading games user research. Be part of our growth and success by leading methodology development, process improvement, team management, and outreach to both new clients and the games user research community at large.
- Research design, execution and management for a wide range of client studios
- Teaching, training and growing our Canadian team, leading the growth of Player Research in North America
- Leading the development of new user research methodologies, tools and services
- Applying your experience to find ways for Player Research to do better in everything we do
- Defining bespoke research plans to best answer client needs, use a broad range of user research methods
- Write, speak, present and educate others on the importance of games user research
- Any other skills you feel you can contribute to the professional growth of both yourself and Player Research in our supportive work environment growth of both yourself and Player Research in our supportive work environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Five or more years experience in leading user research for video games
- Experience in team management and/or personnel management
- Boundless interest in progressing the field of games user research methods, deliverables and education
- Fluent English
- Legal right to work in Canada
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, ideally bilingual with a good knowledge of French
- Send us a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
- Stand out and be passionate. Good luck
- Don’t think you quite fit the profile? We’re also looking for a junior to mid-weight user researcher